Classroom Inspiration

Sunday 11 January 2015

Organising My Themed Units

Around the middle of the year I came across this post on Mrs Terhune's First Grade Site showing how she organises her thematic units into binder folders. When I saw this photo I was immediately drawn to the uniformity and functionality of the folders. 
At the time I kept digital copies of all my sheets and activities in folders on my computer. While this did save on space, I was always forgetting what I had! So I decided to spend some time organising my own units and putting them into folders. This means that when I teach the unit again, everything I have will be at my pretty little fingertips! 

Here are a few photos of my folders, which are kept in the office I share with the teacher in the room next to mine. 
I cannot explain how much time this system has already saved me! Since taking these photos I have added a number of new folders, and as I find new resources I simply add a copy to the folder and it's there for next time. 

I hope I've inspired you to do some organising of your own :)
Happy blogging!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment