Classroom Inspiration

Wednesday 2 April 2014

Stained Glass Easter Decorations

I LOVE THESE!
I think they might even be my favourite Easter craft..big call, I know! And if you know me, you know how much I love art and craft. 

I found the idea for these on Pinterest but changed them a bit. I couldn't find the link back to the blog but if someone does please let me know. So as I said I changed them a little bit. The original post showed an egg cut out on one side and nothing on the other. Being in a Catholic school I wanted to tie it back to Jesus and the Easter story, so we made it double sided with a cross on the back. 

To save a lot of time I cut out the cross and egg shape from each plate in advance (I kept the cut outs to use in other Easter crafts). I wanted them to be nice and bright so the children chose a colour to paint them. I emphasised the importance of doing our brushstrokes in the same direction to make them look neat, which surprisingly they all listened to.


Once they were finished painting they stuck coloured pieces of cellophane onto a piece of plastic, one piece for the egg, and one for the cross. They then stuck the plastic onto the inside of each plate and staples the plates together. 



They turned out wonderfully. Very proud of the effort the little wonders put into them. I wish I didn't have to take them down in 2 days for school holidays, they look so great in my classroom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment