Classroom Inspiration

Wednesday 21 May 2014

It's that time of year again

If you're a teacher in Australia, you have no doubt begun the laborious task of writing reports. And if you're anything like me, you feel guilty doing anything BUT report writing. It is for this reason that I've had no time at all to share with you the great things I've been doing with my little wonders lately. From week 4 of term 2 reports are all I think about! And don't stop thinking about until they are all completed, uploaded, and ready to be sent home. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but my report writing sessions usually consist of pyjamas (or anything super comfy), the TV on in the background (disney movies with the volume down low), and a plethora of junk food (including chocolate, chips and candy). So far this has proved to be the most productive setting for me, so I'm sticking to it! 

The past few weeks have also been super busy at school. A highlight was our whole school Cross Country which was held last week, and it was the first time the Foundation, 1 and 2 students were able to participate. It turned out to be a beautiful day, which really brought out the best in our kids. Within our level there are some very spirited children who have been dealt an extremely unfair hand, and as a result have to overcome physical challenges daily. But these absolute little troopers didn't think twice about competing with their friends. Hearing the cheers from the other children as they neared the finish line made me feel so proud to be their teacher. They showed so much compassion for being so young. 

I wish I could show you all these determined little faces!
Turns out we have some exceptionally athletic little ones. I'm always very impressed when I watch our little wonders compete, they are all super stars in my eyes! 

Well, I suppose I'd better get back to my reports...please pray for me.
Happy teaching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment