Classroom Inspiration

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Mother's Day Necklaces


I'm sooo excited to write this post! I've been waiting to share this with you since we first made these beauties nearly two weeks ago. There are three children in my class whose parents work at my school, so keeping their mother's day gift under wrap was a mission in itself. 

For our mothers this year we made polymer clay bead necklaces. I was so excited to make these with my little wonders, and watching the care they put into creating each and every bead made my heart swell! They put so much effort into making sure they did their very best for their mums. 

We used metal skewers to make the holes in our beads. I coated the skewers in baking spray to ensure the beads went on and off without sticking. 


We baked our beads at 110 degrees celsius for 45 minutes. 

 We put our beautiful necklaces into re-purposed cupcake boxes with this lovely chevron tissue paper. 


This was my absolute favourite Mother's Day gift we've ever made! 
It will definitely be a go-to for years to come. 

Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment