Classroom Inspiration

Monday 20 October 2014

Liebster Award Nomination

I'm extremely excited to be nominated for the Liebster Award! This award is for blogs who have less than 200 followers but who have great content and potential.
I was nominated by two bloggers - Christina at Christina's Kinder Blossoms and Katelyn George at Living the First Grade Dream.


As part of being nominated I have to answer the following 11 questions and then nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers.

1.  Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
I began my blog in March this year. I followed a lot of teaching blogs and loved seeing what they were doing in their classrooms, how they set up their rooms, and getting hints and tips that I can proudly say have improved me as a teacher. I must say that my main inspiration to start blogging was Maria Manore at Kinder Craze. I adore everything about her and her enthusiasm for teaching and sharing motivated me to do the same.

2.  What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Honest – It’s something I strive to be on my blog, and is one thing that I relate to most with all the blogs I read. I think that a lot of the time, unless you’re a teacher, you can’t really understand what it’s like. So much to do, so little time. I feel that within the blogging community there is so much support and an insane amount of great advice from people who are passionate about what they do.

3.  Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?  
Keep your camera close by! There have been so many times when I’ve though ‘Uuugh I should have taken photos!’

4.  What is your favorite past time other than blogging?    
Shopping…having said this my blogging addiction does not come free of shopping. Every time I see something I like (must have) on one of the blogs I read, I am straight to TPT or eBay or Google to find one and buy it!

5.  How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?
Not enough! I usually do about 4-5 and it’s usually on a Friday night. That’s when I edit my photos and post about my week. I have so many ideas of things I want to write about, but during the week is hectic and I struggle to find the time. Definitely something to work on.

6.  What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most? 
I love classroom décor and writing posts. I could watch tutorials on how to decorate your classroom all day. I also love posts about craftivities and theme packs. Anything related to Christmas or a holiday, I get excited!

7.  Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My inspiration comes from my kids. Their uniqueness and hard work makes me want to share it with everyone. I love setting a creative activity and seeing the twenty different ways it turns out. It’s impossible to be sad or down when you have a room full of children who want to make you smile. 

8.  Which post that you've written are you most proud of?
I think it has to be my post ‘New Life, New Ideas, New Love’. It was one of the very first posts I wrote on my blog and Maria from Kinder Craze commented on it and shared it on her Facebook page. It was a very surreal moment after following her blog for over a year. Needless to say I was smiling a lot that day.

9.  Is there any post you've been planning to do but have been postponing it for awhile now?
I have recently organised my entire office and theme resources into thematic unit folders and am very excited to share it…stay tuned!

10.  What is your favourite aspect of blogging?
I love the camaraderie, the inspiration, the support…I love it all. I have spoken to bloggers from the other side of the world and some from the same state as me. Being a part of the blogging world makes me excited about the work I do. I feel very lucky to be able to share my experience with those who read my blog. 

11. Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would you be most likely to try yourself? 
Since I was nominated by two fantastic bloggers, here are the two ideas from their blogs that I would like to try:

from Living the First Grade Dream - I am definitely going to do her pumpkin writing activity with the paper plate pumpkin craft. They are suuuper cute and my kids would love them!

from Christina's Kinder Blossom - I looove the naughty and nice list using book characters. One to add to the list for when we start Christmas activities. 

Now it's time for the nominations!
1. Jemima from Luck's Little Learners
2. Stefanie from Miss Galvin Learns 
4. Kelley and Angela from Glyph Girls 
5. Stacia from Stacia's Scoop
6. Kristin from Teaching in a Nutshell
7. Bonnie from The Cutesy Teacher
8. Kim from DomiKiddos
9. Martina from The Hungry Teacher
10. Laura from Luv My Kinders
11. Marine from Tales from a Very Busy Teacher

I hope this nomination brings you more followers and readings (and I hope I only nominated blogs that qualify!) I love reading your blogs and connecting with you all!
Now that you've been nominated, here are the official "rules" for accepting:

1. In your post link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out".
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 11 blogs that have less than 200 followers each.  Provide them with 11 questions or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know they've been nominated and provide them with a link back to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so s/he can learn more about you as well (you can just put your link in the comments below)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks again so much for the nomination. I am totally honored. I enjoyed getting to know a little more about you as well. Here is the link to my post. http://luvmykinders.blogspot.com/2014/11/liebster-award.html

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete